- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Cabbage Recipes
Cabbage - Unbelievably Healthy
Cabbage is one of the healthiest foods there is. There are many health benefits to be gained from adding cabbage to your daily diet. And the best of all, there is only calories in 3.4 ounces of cabbage. So, get busy eating your way to a healthier you.
- Cabbbage is said to be a cancer inhibitor. It is particularly effectivive in helping to prevent lung, stomach and colon cancer.
- It cleanses the blood.
- Eating cabbage is also said to strengthen eyes.
- It is rich in vitamin c
- vitamin E
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Kills harmful bacteria.
- Soothes ulcers - raw cabbage has been proven to heal stomach ulcers.
- Improves circulation.
- Raw cabbage cleans the waste out of the stomach and the upper bowels. This helps with digestion and constipation.
- It can lower serium cholesterol.
- Because of the fiber content it is a good fiber booster.
- The juice of fresh raw cabbage is said to be effective in treating fungus infections.
Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
4 large onions, chopped
2 green pappers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch celery, chopped
1 lb. carrots, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 head of cabbage, chopped
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 tsp salt substitute
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cilantro
Place all ingredients in large soup pot and add enough water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil, turn heat to medium-low and simmer for an hour or until vegetables are tender.
This is a tasty soup that is filled with fat-burning foods. Beacuse of this you are able to eat as much as you want whenever you want without worring about calories.
12 - 16 large cabbage leaves
2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
1 large onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 small can mushrooms
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp salt substitute
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cilantro
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
Saute ground turkey, onion and garlic in small fry pan sprayed with olive oil until onions turn transparent.
In a large bowl combine meat mixture, rice, egg, salt substitute, and black pepper
Lay each cabbage leaf flat and place a heaping tbsp of mixture in the middle of each leaf. Fold in sides to cover meat mixture and roll. Tuck ends underneath and place in large casserole dish. Repeat with each leaf.
Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, cilantro, a sprinkle salt substitute and pepper, 1/4 cup of water and combine well. Pour over cabbage rolls.
Cover and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
Cabbage - Tomato Casserole
1 lb cabbage, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 can mushrooms
1 can sodium free cream of mushroom soup
1 can corn
1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
In large fry pan brown turkey,onions, peppers and garlic. When onion turns transparent remove from heat.
Combine all of the ingredients except for the cheese in a large buttered casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.
Great served with brown rice and a salad.
- Cabbage is considered Russia's national food. Russians eat about seven times as much cabbage as the average North American.
- The Greek poet, Homer (who live around 850 BC), mentions Achilles washing cabbages, in his epic poem the 'Iliad.'
- Babe Ruth used to wear a cabbage leaf under his hat during games. He would switch out for a fresh leaf halfway through each game.
- Scrolls from 1000 BC uncovered in China mention white cabbage as a cure for baldness in men.
- Cabbage is one of the oldest vegetables, dating back to the 1600’s.
- Women whose food includes ample amount of cabbage as well as other related vegetables of the cruciferous family have reduced incidence of breast cancer.
- Bok Choy and Chinese Cabbage are highest in calcium.
- Salted boiled cabbage was also added to the rice given to workers on the Great Wall of China, giving them strength and endurance.
- How to Cook Red Cabbage
The biggest mistake made when cooking red cabbage, or any cabbage, is overcooking it. This page shows a number of tasty recipes for red cabbage which will make many people revise their opinion of this nutritious and tasty vegetable.
- Easy Slow Cooker And Crockpot Recipes: Recipe For Pe...
If you're in the market for a St. Patrick's Day traditional dinner that is so easy to make, this is the recipe for you! Except for getting the vegetables peeled and chopped, it couldn't be easier. Most of...
- Thai Stir Fried Cabbage with Pork Recipe. Quick and ...
Stir frying a bit of white cabbage and pork is so easy, but tastes so good. Try this authentic Thai stir fried meal - ready in 5 minutes, start to finish.
- Traditional Cabbage Roll Recipes: How To Make Cabbag...
Okay - I did a recipe on the easy way to make cabbage rolls and now I feel that I should also do the traditional so as not to slight one way or the other! This recipe is equally delicious and is a bit...
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner Menu Recipes
Since most of you arent going to be attending the Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner that I am Co-Chairing this year, Id hate for you to miss out of such a wonderful dinner! St. Patricks day is...
- How To Make Kielbasa and Cabbage - A Family Recipe f...
Learn how to make Polish kielbasa and cabbage, a simple, hearty meal that pleases a crowd without breaking the budget.