- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- New World Cuisine
Healthy American food - What is Aioli -Garlic Mayonnaise Sauce Recipies in Olive oil
Garlic in everyday food is quite rapidly catching up in America. If you are one of those then you will definitely like Aioli - garlic mayonnaise which is very healthy, pure vegetarian food and very easy to cook. You can eat this along with fresh green vegetables, artichokes, asparagus and beans. It also gives you a break from all meat meal which has become a routine for most of the American lunch or dinner. If you are aware of a Christmas traditional feast called gros souper than probably you have already tasted it. You can eat it any way like it. You can put in top of boiled vegetable with salt and pepper. You can also have it as a paste on your sandwiches. You can pour it over your green salad. There are unlimited way you can eat it and enjoy it. All you need is a taste for raw garlic.
Here is the list of ingredients you need:
- 4-6 large garlic cloves. You can have more or less depending on your taste. They should be peeled and cut into halves.
- 6 table spoon of vegetable oil.
- 6 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 whole eggs. If you don't want the yolk part, you can take that out. However I normally prefers full egg.
- salt to taste.
See, it don't take much to prepare Aioli :)
- First we need to make a thick garlic paste. Take half cut pieces of garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle and start mashing it. Remember that we have to mash it properly so that there are no small pieces left. It should be a uniform, thick and smooth paste.
- Make a uniform shake of the egg. If you are using the whole egg, make sure that the yolk part is completely mixed. Do it the same way you do it for omelet.
- Now it the most important part. Add the egg to the mortar and beat it to make uniform paste. Now while you are stirring the paste, start pouring the vegetable oil slowly to the paste. Some people use grape seed oil, but some how I like doing it with vegetable oil. Keep stirring not too slow and not to fast. Just at a medium pace. Slowly you will see that mayonnaise start to emulsify. Once you see that happening, you can pour the oil a bit fast. Once the vegetable oil is completely added, start pouring olive oil to it. However while you are adding olive oil, don't forget to keep stirring it.
Approx nutrition per table spoon
|Serving size: 3|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 4 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 12 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
I have see few people like to add some saffron on top of the Aioli. If you want to add saffron, you can add once the preparation is complete. Normally you can add 2-3 pinches of saffron. You can also add red dried chilly flakes as well to your taste.Once the think paste is prepared and all the oil is consumed, you can keep the paste in a refrigerator.
There are unlimited way you can have your garlic aioli. Few of them are:
- Aioli With steamed vegetable
- Aioli With sandwiches
- Aioli With Ham Burgers
- Aioli With Shrimps
- Aioli With Kebabs
- Aioli With Fries
And the list goes on.......... :)
Hope you enjoyed the recipe. Please try it at home and use the comment box below to tell others how it went ..