- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Healthy And Super Easy Stuffed Tomatoes
This one is extremely low calorie and it puts good use to all of the garden tomatoes you grow as well! This is probably one of the easiest recipes I will have ever written in my entire life, so probably even you kids could do it too! Stuffed tomatoes are a favorite thing of mine and If you want to you can add melted cheese on top of it as well for extra delicious flavor! Without the cheese they are only 53 calories each so you won't have to worry about counting calories. This means you would have to eat 20 of these to reach the average daily 2000 calories. So, you shouldn't feel guilty about adding some melted cheese either!
This bright and colorful vegetable stuffed side dish will liven up any family dinner table. Great for special occasions or sitting down with the family for a fresh cooked meal.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups loose pack frozen zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, lima beans, and Italian beans
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half. Spoon out pulp leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. Reserve tomato pulp; discard seeds. Chop tomato pulp. Set shells and pulp aside.
- In a small saucepan cook frozen vegetables according to package directions. Drain. Stir in chopped tomato pulp. Spoon one eighth of vegetable mixture into each tomato shell. Place tomatoes in a 10x6x2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pepper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till heated through. Makes 4 servings.
53 calories, 3 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 255 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!