Healthy Chicken Broccoli Bake (No Cream soups!)
I love casseroles, but I don't like using the cream-of-whatever soups in them because they have so much extra stuff in them that my body doesn't need. I created this yummy recipe for a simple summer meal that everyone loves! It tastes just like the unhealthy versions, and is super easy to make for a quick dinner!
- 1lb Steamed Broccoli Pieces
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken Breast shredded/in small pieces
- 2-3 cups Grated chedder cheese
- 2 Tubes Ritz Crackers
- 4tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Poppyseeds
- SAUCE: .
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 cups Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 of the cheese listed above
- Place the chicken and broccoli in a greased casserole dish.
- On the stove, heat the sauce ingredients until thickened. (except the cheese)
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese until cheese is melted into the mixture.
- Pour over the chicken and broccoli.
- In a ziploc bag, crush ritz crackers and add 4 tbsp melted butter and the poppyseeds
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes!