- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Cooking - Cheese and Fruit Topped English Muffins
I hope you can already imagine the food you are about to be making, because it is so delicious! Not only is it delicious, but its also healthy as well. 236 calories only! That means you would have to eat 9 or 10 of these wonderful little english muffins in order to reach the average 2000 calorie diet. That diet by the way is built just to maintain weight, but if you eat correctly you can lose weight either way!
If you stir the cheese mixture that you spread on top of the muffins the night before you can avoid a huge breakfast scramble. Get your wonderful breakfast prepared for quick making in the morning and you don't have to worry about the work, and instead just focus on the wonderful and delicious taste! Be sure to set some aside for your family and/or spouse in the morning unless you want them stealing off of your plate!
- 3/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 whole kiwi fruit, sliced, or 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, and nutmeg. Spread cheese mixture evenly over toasted muffin halves.
- Top each muffin half with kiwi fruit slices or strawberry slices. Makes 4 servings
236 calories, 11 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 14 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 285 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!