- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Healthy Cooking - Chicken and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry
Ready to start cooking? If you said yes then great! If not then do it anyways. So this recipe is delicious, healthy, and tasteful all at the same time. It's hard to get that all in one dish but it is indeed possible. I'm getting hungry just thinking about this juicy chicken stir fry! The best part is that a serving is only 200 calories! That means you would have to eat 10 servings to get 2000 calories! Perfect for dieters! Just be sure to make enough for everybody else, you don't want them to miss out on a wonderful meal after all. Now its time to begin cooking!
Wonderfully cooked and juicy chicken topped with sweet peppers surely is the ultimate combo. I' entirely sure your mouth is watering just thinking about it! I don't know about you but this recipe is one of my personal favorites and something I often cook for myself.
- 18 ounces boned skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 medium onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium green or sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in a bowl; stir in soy sauce and sherry. Let stand for 30 minutes. Spray a cold wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating; preheat over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir fry about 1 minute more or till vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok or skillet; set aside.
- Drain chicken, reserving the marinade. Add oil to wok. Add ginger root; stir fry remaining chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or till no longer pink. Return all chicken, vegetables, and bamboo shoots to wok; push from center of wok.
- Stir broth, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into reserved marinade; add to wok. Cook and stir till slightly thickened; toss gently to coat chicken mixture. Stir remaining mixture while hot. Serves 4.
204 calories, 30 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 621 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!