- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Healthy Cooking - Ham and Vegetable Soup
If you are craving some delicious vegetable soup, then you have come to the right place. This recipe is perfect for someone who loves how easy vegetable soup is to make! Go hungry no longer because this doesn't require too much ingredients to put together this dinner. All you have to do really is just put it in a pressure cooker for a while and let it cook after you've thrown all the ingredients for the vegetable soup in! Super easy, super delicious, and super healthy too! You would have to eat about 10 to 12 of servings in order to get the average 2000 calorie diet. Dieting can be as simple as learning this recipe. Learn this and it can and probably will change your eating habits to healthy habit in no time! The reason being is that it's only 172 calories. Who knew it could be so easy to diet?
Delicious combination of vegetables and ham in one meal. Extremely healthy and easy to cook so there's no need to worry about it being a burden to prepare this meal. Simple yet delicious ham and vegetable soup!
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup cauliflower flowerets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped, fully cooked ham (about 3 ounces)
- In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, potatoes, and onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, cauliflower, and nutmeg. Simmer about 5 minutes more or till vegetables are crisp tender. Stir in ham and heat through. Makes 4 servings
172 calories, 14 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 13 mg cholesterol, 1175 mg sodium, 836 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventures!