Healthy Cooking - Turkey Paprikash
Some of you may be curious as to what is turkey paprikash. I believe it got this name because it has paprika in it. The actual paprikash in this recipe is the sauce, not the whole dish itself. You can choose just to make this sauce or you can make the whole dish. I will try to label it clearly so you don't get confused as to which is which. This paprikash is meant for turkey of course! I suppose you could use it on other meats, but it just might not taste quite right. This recipe is low fat and low cholesterol so health will certainly not be an issue here, and that's including the whole dish! Get ready to start cooking this delicious dinner!
This delicious recipe will go perfectly with your turkey. You can choose between the whole meal or just the sauce, but either way it is delicious. Extremely low fat and cholesterol for those who have health issues. Absolutely delicious.
- Nonstick spray coating
- 12 ounces fully cooked turkey breast portion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken buillon granules
- 2/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flower
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add turkey slices to skillet. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or till heated through. Remove turkey slices from skillet and keep warm.
- For sauce, add onion rings to skillet. Cook and stir till rings are tender but not brown. carefully stir in paprika, buillon granules, 3/4 cup water, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Combine yogurt, flour, and tomato paste; stir into skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more.
- Toss parsley with hot cooked noodles. Arrange noodles on a large serving platter. Top with turkey slices. Spoon some sauce over the turkey; pass remaining sauce. Makes 4 servings.
312 calories, 35 g protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 558 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!