Healthy Cooking - Wild Rice And Bulgur Pilaf
If you are looking for a famous restaurant recipe you have finally found one. Before the owner of this restaurant died he gave me this recipe, and now I'm sharing it with all of you. This one is very good and very healthy for you and it's cheap as well for those of you going through hard times. You will find this recipe more than satisfactory especially if you cook it right. I hope you enjoy this recipe and the other several recipes I have posted on here as well!
This easy side dish makes a great accompaniment to fish, game, or poultry dishes. Easily made and very good for your health. Not to mention it's not too expensive.
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- sweet yellow pepper strips (optional)
- fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Place uncooked wild rice in a strainer. Run cold water over rice for 1 minute, lifting rice to rise well.
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, onion, tarragon, pepper, and rinsed rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or till rice is done. Stir in bulgur and parsley. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Garnish with yellow pepper strips and parsley sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings
161 calories, 7 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 288 mg potassium
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!