Healthy Honey Sesame Seed Bars Recipe - Simple & Delicious
Roasted sesame seeds have a delicate nutty flavor and a slight crunch. The texture of these are incredibly addictive. If I could, I would just munch on sesame seeds, but since I'm not a bird, it is a bit hard to eat them because they're so small. Thankfully, making bars from them is a breeze. All you really need is honey and sesame seeds, but you can also add a bit of spices for a more complex flavor. In this recipe, I use a bit of maple syrup and cinnamon. You can omit the maple syrup and cinnamon. If you prefer, just substitute honey for the maple syrup.
Hopefully you find these as addictive as I do! The great thing is they are also pretty healthy as far as sweet snacks go. This reminds me of the Greek sesame seed candy, only a little bit healthier and easier to make.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 12 bars
- 1 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, (optional)
- Roast the sesame seeds in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp oil until the seeds brown slightly.
- In a bowl, combine sesame seeds with honey, maple syrup and cinnamon. Use a fork to mix.
- Line and 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour and flatten the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and let bars cool until hardened. Remove from pan and parchment paper. Cut into individual bars.
Rate this Recipe
- If you want to make these healthier, try adding 1/4 cup ground flax seed to the mixture.
- Use different colors of sesame seeds if you want some cool looking bars.
- Waiting until they cool is a MUST! If you try to cut them before they are cool, you'll end up with a sticky mess. They won't cut into bars properly until cooled.