- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Healthy Makeover for Kids- Mediterranean Makaron (Macaroni)
Lip smacking tasty and healthy,Mediterranean Makaroon
Who doesn't love Pasta and vairieties in pasta and when the talk comes about kids we always take extra measure to give what they love to eat at the same time healthy. Not only kids even we grown ups also love Pasta especially my family i would say is Pastamania family. My 3yr old son also my hubby loves to have varieties of food and i take care of it what we eat has to be yummy also healthy. This is one of my fav. pasta recipe and instead of fussili or penne i tried with Makaron as i've found many kids love makarons i.e.macaroni.
I've used Wheat Macaroni and brand is Staropolski which is light brown in colour as it's easy to digest.The FDA has regulations about what food companies can put on their packages, if it claims that it is "whole wheat" than it must contain the whole grain and not processed down. This provides the added nutrients that "white" macaroni (such as Kraft) doesn't have.Vegetables of your choice but when talk comes about kids they love corn so i've used corn and peas to add flavours and an eye catchy Red and Yellow bell Peppers. The Sunniest tones yields the highest concentration of antioxdidant carotenoids. Do you know one small red or yellow pepper provides three times of daily recommended vitamin C which is way ahead of Citrus. Red pepper contain lycopene, a carotonoid which lowers the risk of various cancer including Cervical cancer. Available the year around but it peeks in between August to September.
Spice Up your evening with this quick and healthy meal and i'm sure you will end up watching beautiful smile on your loved one with this lip smacking tasty with Mediterriean touch , Mediterriean Makaron. Bon Apetit:)
Yummy tummy Mediterranean Makaroons :)
- 3 nos tomatoes, Stewed and puree
- 2 nos spring onions, Leaves and onion chopped
- 1 no Yellow bell pepper, Roughly chopped
- 1 no Red bell pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 3 nos Red Chilles, Slit
- 1/2 cup Corn, Steam
- 1/2 cup Fresh/Frozen Green Peas
- 9-10nos Black Pepper, Grounded
- 1 no Carrot, Roughly chopped
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2cup Corrieander/thyme, chopped
- To taste salt
Steps to Prepare Mediterranean Makaron
- To prepare Macaroni: 1. Add 3 liter water in a wide pan bring it to boil. 2. With addition of salt and few drops of olive oil. 3. Gradually put Macaroni into boiling water. 4. Cook on small fire stirring occasionally. 5. Once it is cooked strain the macaroni and rinse it in cold running water. 6. Mix it with Macaroni sauce and serve hot.
- To prepare Macaroni Sauce: 1. In a pan add one and half tbsp of olive oil. 2. Add chopped spring onions, not the green leaves of onion,ginger and chillies saute for 2 min. 3. Once onions turn light pink in colour add stewed tomato puree. 4. Cook on low flame stir occasionally for 5min. 5. Add carrots,peas,corn,red and yellow bell peppers and stir for 5-7min. 6. Add salt and pepper. 7. Once your sauce is ready add boiled Macaroni mix it well and serve hot. For Garnish: You can garnish with Thyme or corrieander leaves.
What makes it healthy?
|Serving size: 4 to 5 persons|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 75 g||25%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|