Healthy Nuts and their Health Benefits
Health benefits of Pistachios
The motherland of pistachio is Middle East and Central Asia. The pistachio tree is not high but graceful, with a grey bark and glaucous leaves. The pistachio genus is very ancient, its separate representatives appeared on the earth already in the tertiary period. Pistachio blossoms irregularly, with 2 – 3-year intervals. In autumn female specimens of the trees are covered with bright fruits, gathered in clusters. They are stone fruits with a very hard shell, in quite a lot of them seeds are not formed at all or, still unripe, they are eaten out by insects. Except properly fruits of pistachio trees, their resin is used too.
The soft resin of wild pistachio contains 70 – 75% of gum and to 25% of essential aromatic oils. It was used during religious ceremonies for aromatic fumigation. It is believed that constant chewing of pistachio resin removes offensive breath, cleans and strengthens teeth and gums. It was used for making ointments and patches for the treatment of rheumatism and healing old ulcers and wounds. Contemporary pharmacists make a preparation from pistachio resin that is used to treat burns, skin crevices, and bed sores. Pistachios are useful for the brain and the heart, it is effective against heartbeating, vomiting, nausea, hepatic disease, for opening blocks. Pistachio promotes recovery and is useful against jaundice.
If the talk turned to celebratory meals, the most delicate appetizer for champagne and light dessert wines is pistachio. In small amounts pistachio essential oils are very useful for supporting vitality. Pistachio is called nuts of cheerful mind, but the daily norm shouldn't exceed 10 – 15 kernels.
According to the opinion of the experts of the National Food Institute of Philadelphia, it is pistachio that possesses the highest calorific value in combination with the high content of vitamins, mineral substances and amino acids that are necessary for man. Not without reason pistachios of high quality have another name – “the magic nut”, one of the most ancient names of pistachio.
Pistachio contains a lot of vitamin E – a well-known natural antioxidant rejuvenating the organism, micro-elements.
The energy value is from 558 to 664 kcal / 100g, depending on the cultivar and region of cultivation.
Pistachio contains no injurious additives, and the very technology of its processing is arranged in such a way that its shell protecting the magic nut from any accidental pollution is preserved in its entirety. So pistachio is obligingly included in various dietary menus.
Health benefits of Pistachios:
- due to its high nutritional value, is used in the diet of debilitated patients.
- recommended for considerable physical and mental work load, gives vigour, removes tiredness.
- beneficially influences the brain work.
- helpful for the heart, removes heartthrob; regularly taken as food, it swiftly lowers the inclination to heart diseases.
- beneficial for the liver, used for the liver coldness (diminished function), opens blocks in the liver (oil, kernels).
- helpful in jaundice treatment.
- used as analgetic against hepatic and gastric colic.
- used to treat anemia.
- effective against chest diseases, cough; used as anti-tuberculous remedy.
- strengthens sexual potency.
- purifies places of ulcers and makes inconspicuous scars after them.
- pistachio oil is used to remove freckles and spots on the skin.
Health benefits of Almonds
Almonds are mainly cultivated in Asia Minor and Central Asia, India, Indonesia, and other tropic countries. Nowadays it grows from the Mediterranean world to Central Asia, in California, South Africa, in the south of Australia. During the blossoming season all trees are covered with hats of blossoms, from white to deep-pink, and mild almond smell is felt for many kilometers around. As other nuts, almond isn't taken only as food but used in other spheres, as for instance, in perfumery. Almond tree also has a decorative use: the duration of blossoming depends on the species of plant and lasts, as a rule, from two to five weeks.
Health benefits of almonds:
Almond excellently purifies blood and the kidneys, opens blocks in the liver and the spleen, breaks stones, and expels bile. It is preferable to take the nuts with sugar that promotes quick digestion of this quite indigestible product. In addition, almond with sugar, better with honey, considerably strengthens potency, that makes it a desirable product in the diet of men. But bitter almond in the antiquity time was used as anti-hangover remedy. Almond is extremely rich with all components that are necessary for nutrition. It is an excellent supplier of vitamins and micro-elements. It has medical properties, galena preparations are made from it. It contains protein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, necessary for the organism, and vitamins B2, B3 promote metabolism and are irreplaceable for the support teeth, hair, and skin in healthy condition. Sweet almond purifies the internals, improves the eyesight, and stimulates the brain work, softens the throat, with sugar is useful against asthma and stercoral ulcers. However, those who have a weak stomach and bowels shouldn't overuse it – it is rather hard for digestion.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Health benefits of Pine Nuts
Pine nuts are very tasty and healthy delicacy. There are many vitamins and other essential body substances contained in pine nuts, which benefit your health. But it turns out that pine nuts also have another very useful quality.
British scientists have found that the pine nuts are helping in the fight against excess weight. They are able to greatly reduce appetite and reduce calories intake.
The tests were conducted on a group of women suffering from severe degree of obesity. Before eating women were given an extract of pine nuts. As a result, they have consumed less food; quickly full up and, consequently, lost weight.
Pine nuts stimulate the formulation of hormone cholecystokinin. This hormone signals the brain that the body is satisfied, and it is time to stop there.
Siberian pine, the national pride of the Russian people, long considered a noble and mighty tree, bearing in itself the beauty and strength of the Siberian health. Pine nuts are the seeds of this gracious tree.
Pine nut kernel is a product with high nutritional qualities and has high biological value, which also is great for your health.
Pine nuts are an exceptional value in the diet of baby food, as they are needed for fast-growing child’s organism. The daily requirement of our body in iodine, manganese, copper, zinc, cobalt is 100 grams of pine nuts.
The superior taste qualities of pine nuts, make this product an irreplaceable treat.
Due to the high biological value, pine nut kernels has long been used in folk medicine in Siberia for the treatment of nervous disorders, tuberculosis, diseases of the kidneys, bladder and gastro-intestinal tract.
Recommendations for use:
- As delicacy
- As a food supplement for the enrichment of biologically valuable food substances
- For cosmetic purposes in cosmetic milk (1 part thoroughly crushed kernels plus 3-5 parts boiled & chilled water)
Health benefits of pine nut:
- pine nuts has many vitamins and other essential body substances
- helping in the fight against excess weight
- reduce appetite and reduce calories intake
- stimulate the formulation of hormone cholecystokinin
- Pine nut kernel is a product with high nutritional qualities and has high biological value
- exceptional value in the diet of baby food
- The daily requirement of our body in iodine, manganese, copper, zinc, cobalt is 100 grams of pine nuts
- irreplaceable treat
- used in folk medicine in Siberia for the treatment of nervous disorders, tuberculosis, diseases of the kidneys, bladder and gastro-intestinal tract
- gives you energy and increase sexual appetite and the amount of semen
- cleanses the kidneys and bladder and also prevents the bladder from stones and ulcers
As you can see the health benefits of pine nuts are great, so get yourself some and get healthy!
Health benefits of Walnuts
The shell of the walnut is remarkably similar to the human brain. In the old ages it was believed that walnuts had a positive impact on the development of the human mind and had mind of their own.
Walnuts are very good for your health and are valued quite high by the people who practice yoga. The core of the walnut contains nutritious substances. In folk medicine walnuts have long been used for removal of fatigue and recuperation. Even Avicenna recommended crushed walnuts with honey to help cure diseases accompanied by exhaustion.
Rolling a few walnuts in the palm of your hand is a great way to calm yourself down. This is due to the fact that there are countless nerve endings on the fingers which are directly connected to the human brain.
Leaves of the walnut tree are used in folk medicine to expel parasitic worms, help cure all kinds of skin diseases, including eczema.
Broth from the walnut leaves could be used to rinse the throat to help cure angina. It is also recommended to drink tea from the leaves to help with diabetes and scurvy. Walnut oil helps healing of the wounds.
Mature walnuts are 2 times higher on the caloric content compared to the wheat bread. Walnuts contain fat and oils, which can enhance the activities of the intestines. Walnuts are recommended for the older people prone to constipation and people with anaemia. It is also recommended for those who have problems with intestines and liver. Walnuts help reduce cholesterol levels as well.
It is desirable to eat 5 nuts every day.
Health benefits of Walnuts:
- walnut contains nutritious substances
- in folk medicine walnuts have long been used for removal of fatigue and recuperation
- rolling a few walnuts in the palm of your hand is a great way to calm yourself down
- leaves of the walnut tree are used in folk medicine to expel parasitic worms, help cure all kinds of skin diseases, including eczema
- broth from the walnut leaves could be used to rinse the throat to help cure angina
- herbal tea from the walnut leaves help with diabetes and scurvy
- walnut oil helps healing of the wounds
- mature walnuts are 2 times higher on the caloric content compared to the wheat bread
- walnuts fat and oils can enhance the activities of the intestines
- reduce cholesterol levels
Tip: Put some nuts in a bowl or a plate in your house – moths, flies and mosquitoes can’t stand the smell of the walnuts.