Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothies
This is a quick and easy smoothie recipe that is so delicious and refreshing. Don't let this bright green drink fool you into thinking it's another bland veggie drink. It's sweet, spicy and packed with flavor. Start with this basic recipe or add some variations to come up with your own smoothie version.
- 1 cup Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Pumpkin, Canned
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1-2 Tbs. Maple Syrup, Honey, or Agave Necter
- 1 handful Ice Cubes
- Put all ingredients together into a blender and mix thoroughly until ice cubes are completely blended.
- Variations: Unsweetened canned pumpkin can be substituted with canned pumpkin pie filling. Since it is already sweetened, you will want to eliminate the added sweetener of choice. The extra pumpkin pie spice also does not need to be added unless you want it extra Spicy. I like to add a little ground ginger and cinnamon to add even more flavor. For extra fiber add a Tbs. of flax seeds or chia seeds. Other ingredients that can be added without loosing the flavors are carrots or apples. If want to add a little protein to your smoothie, try a dollop of nonfat Greek Yogurt. It gives it a nice creamy flavor you can stir in as you drink it. The yogurt will give you 20 - 24 grams of protein which is very good.
Values For Pumpkin Pie Filling Substitution
|Serving size: 8 oz.|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 14 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Sodium 186 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|