Healthy Recipes - Dinner for Two - Honey Italian Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe
Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes
Looking for a healthy, go to dinner recipe that packs plenty of protein? The healthy, lean chicken breast is the way to go!
You can do many things with this lean meat, including creamy and comforting recipes like Southern Slow Cooker: Chicken and Dumplings, or go sweet and fruity recipes with Lime Honey Chicken Breasts, or even spicy and savory.
There are many varieties of chicken breasts like breaded or grilled, or go super healthy with baked chicken breasts. Take your love for this lean meat a step further and go with a sauteed chicken breast recipe.
This recipe is a glazed chicken that is sweet and zesty!
My family can't get enough of chicken breasts, and I prefer going with boneless, skinless varieties.
I have found that they are great tossed in a slow cooker with various creams, or pan fried with a plethora of marinades to take on Italian, Asian or even an old fashioned Southern spin.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup Kraft Calorie Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1-2 stalk scallion (green onion), finely chopped
What is your favorite way to make chicken breasts?
The yummy secret to this recipe is to let the chicken marinate.
Be sure to allow the chicken to marinate cold in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the honey and Zesty Italian dressing to really sink into the meat.
Make sure you use boneless, skinless chicken breasts so that when cooking you are able to braise it quickly.
You may also dice the chicken breast into cubes to place atop vegetable stir fry after cooking.
Be mindful of your Italian dressing as well. House or Creamy Italian is not a suitable substitute for the flavor this recipe yields; be sure to use Zesty Italian.
- Thaw your chicken breasts in the fridge overnight.
- Once thawed, put your chicken breasts into a Ziploc baggy. (Dice them into cubes optional)
- With your chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag, pour 1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing and 1 tablespoon of honey into the bag and seal.
- Massage the bag to spread the honey and Italian dressing into the meat. Place in refrigerator lying flat.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Warm up a large, non-stick skillet to medium/high heat and place chicken breasts into the skillet. Pour the mixture into the skillet over the chicken; discard the bag.
- While chicken is cooking, split the remaining tablespoon of honey over the top of the chicken breasts so that it can soak into the meat for a sweeter taste.
- Braise chicken on all sides, until golden and done - roughly 7 to 8 minutes per side. Personal preference: I like to drag the chicken through the thickened marinade as I finish them up to add a yummy coating at the end prior to plating.
- Garnish with finely chopped scallions and enjoy!
Marinade thickening up!
|Serving size: 7oz chicken breast with marinade|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 26 g|
|Protein 46 g||92%|
|Sodium 511 mg||21%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Options and Dietary Requirements
If you are looking for a variety that is lower in sugar content, skip the tablespoon of honey during the cooking process and you reduce the nutrition facts to be as follows:
- 18g less sugar
- 16g less carbs
- 60 less calories
It is entirely up to you how healthy you go with the recipe and what your body can handle.
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet, the protein in a 7oz chicken breast is 92% of your daily intake, but if you are like me and workout everyday with high intensity programs like Turbo Fire you need lots of protein for muscle recovery.
While 46 grams of protein is 92% for the average person, someone who works out at that level daily would probably need to aim for double to triple that number daily, and someone on a program like P90X needs 50% of their daily calories in protein.
It all depends on your weight and activity level what numbers will work for your body.
Recipes for Two
Other Great Recipes
- Healthy Recipes: Baked Spaghetti Squash with Baby Spinach and Cheese
This savory meal is made with a large baked spaghetti squash, baby spinach, and melted mozzarella cheese. Ditch an unhealthy lifestyle, lose weight fast, and get a longer life through healthy recipes!
- Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Pie
Southern ladies refer to this style of macaroni and cheese as a pie, but you could call it a casserole and it will still taste the same... but it's not real Southern macaroni and cheese until you can cut it out of a dish like a piece of cake or pie..
- Delicious Chocolate Shakeology Recipes - Choco Banana Vanilla Pudding Surprise Recipe and more!
In addition to Beachbody home fitness programs there are nutritional supplements such as Shakeology to help your brand new, healthy lifestyle. Here are my top 5 favorite Chocolate Shakeology recipes!