- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Healthy Salmon Cooked Under 30 Minutes
Fish is one of the best sources of protein. 100g of salmon contains 25g of protein, 70mg EPA & 2140mg DHA that makes up the omega-3 fatty acid.
Eating fish lowers risk of heart diseases and promotes healthy brain functioning. High level of Omega 3 also helps lower depression levels.
I like some good, steamed fish after my daily workout. And it doesn't have to taste bad (thanks to this recipe). Consuming protein right after a good exercise can help give you that muscle definition you need.
Marinated Steamed Salmon
So How Do You Cook It?
Let's get started. Bring out your favourite fish. I like salmon so I'll be referring to it throughout this article. The star of the recipe is mint cilantro chutney the recipe for which is here
- 1-2 tbsp salt, To Taste
- 1-2 spoons turmeric
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 3 spoons mint cilantro chutney, You can find the recipe for the chutney in my articles
- Aluminium foil/banana leaf, for steaming the fish
- 1/2 spoon olive oil, (optional)
1. Cut and wash the fish thoroughly
2. Add salt, turmeric, lemon juice and let fillet rest for 15 minutes
Add salt, turmeric and a little lemon juice to the fillet. Salt and turmeric should be about 1-2 tbsps. Smear it well on the fish and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Use foil or banana leaf and wrap the mint chutney marinated fish. Let it rest for 15 minutes
After 15 minutes, take some aluminium foil or banana leaf. Take the fish fillet and marinate it with some mint cilantro chutney. Add half a tea spoon of lemon juice or you can also add olive oil. Smear it well on the fillet and wrap it in the leaf/foil. Now close the foil/ leaf and wait for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 mins, steam the wrapped fish for 10 minutes on each side
You can steam the fish on any vessel that is convenient for you, just make sure that the fish receives sufficient steam. Make sure that you flip the wrapped fish after 10 minutes so that each side is cooked well.
5. Your fish is ready!
- Wash and cut your fish. After washing the fish thoroughly apply salt (1-2 Tbsps), turmeric (2 tbsps) and add lemon juice to your fillet. You may also add pepper if you like.
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes. Now get some aluminium foil or banana leaf and place your fish in it. Add some more lemon juice or half a tea spoon of olive oil. Smear some mint cilantro chutney on the fish, wrap it and wait for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, steam the wrapped fish on each side for 10 minutes. Make sure that you cover all sides.
- After 10 minutes your fish is ready to eat. Garnish with cilantro leaves or mint leaves. Eat with boiled green veggies. Enjoy :)
You can find the recipe for the chutney here.
Here's the recipe for mint cilantro chutney
Mint Cilantro Chutney with Steamed Fish
© 2017 Ricardo Munn