Some Healthy And Nutritious Light Meals For The Slimmers And Others.
Pita Bread Overflowing With Salad And Goodness
Light Meals That Are Nutritious And Great To Behold
- Meals that are not smothered in oil and fat, need not be boring at all.
- Accentuate the fresh herbs and spices in low fat salad dressings to compensate for all the unhealthy ones.
- A variety of salad ingredients help the food not to be boring and not the usual such as lettuce and tomatoes.
- I love adding some ripe black olives to my salads for that Mediterranean feel.
Healthy Light Lunch / Smoked Chicken And Salad
Quick And Easy Pita Toasted Snack Lunch
- This is a really easy way to enjoy a tasty meal, especially if you are pressed for time. Also a good idea is to include it in the work lunch box, for a nutritious meal.
- What I like about pita bread is that it can be frozen and taken out in a hurry and toasted, when unexpected guests arrive.
- Enjoy some shredded tuna on a Pita bread with tomato, mayo and spring onions.
- Tinned smoked mussels on toast is also a great hunger buster!
Roast Chicken, Boiled Potatoes And Tomato Salad
Delicious Cold Curried Chicken Salad On Basmati Rice
Healthy Salad Choices
- As you can see in my photo above, there is a delicious mix of green salad and chicken, with olives, tomatoes and pita bread that has been toasted.
- A meal that does not have too much fat and oil is better for your health. Choose the low oil dressing. It is always about a good balance.
- Arrange your salad attractively on your plate to make it more appetizing.
- The boiled potato portion below maybe a little too much, but the rest is so delicious and healthy good food.
- The serving platters or trays should also be attractive part of your food display.
Healthy Fruit Bowl Brimming With Goodness
- Summer fruit is fantastic to ad to your meals whether you eat it as a side dish or a salad mix, your day will be a healthy one.
- Love Parma ham with sweet melon - duo made in heaven!
- Bananas and ham also makes a good combination for a salad.
An array of mixed fruit and avocado pears is the base of a wonderful salad. Add some Chinese lettuce walnuts and olives, with low fat yoghurt salad dressing, for something delicious!
Fresh Fruit And Vegetables
A Tasty Lunch With Friends
- This salad has bean sprouts, and cashew nuts added, to it to make it really exotic and so tasty! Notice a few asparagus salad cuts peeping out of the lettuce.
- Note the herb, Dill, for interest, flavour and presentation. They say you eat with your eyes too!
- If you have some green salad with your meat, it really helps to fill the space and you do not get hungry again, too soon. I love cold green beans in a salad too, for a real crunch.
- Cucumber is always a hit on a roll or toast.
- Olives are such a tasty treat and really give a salad a bit of luxury.
Fresh Lettuce And Salmon Salad
Some Slimming Lunch And Snack Ideas
- Open up a tin of pear halves and fill with smooth cottage cheese, mixed with chives, that have been chopped. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Ham wrapped around asparagus spears and served on shredded lettuce, is an ideal light meal.
- Tuna stuffed tomatoes with parmesan grated on top, is a wonderful lunch. Season and pop into a med. oven for 30 minutes.
Pear Snack / With Cottage Cheese, Lettuce And Smoked Chicken
Table Set For Two
Are You A Veggie And Salad Lover?
Ever since we all were kids we have been told to eat our fruit and veggies. One of the best ways to introduce fruit and veg is making all sorts of salads to eat as a side dish with the main course, as a starter or a fruit salad.
Love having a fruit and savoury platter all in one for summer. This would consist of sweet melon, olives, avocado's, baby tomatoes, little blocks of cheese and cold meat rolled up in between the colourful fruit and other savoury salad items.
A fragrant fruit salad with papaya, granadillas, peaches, bananas and oranges cut up, are still one of my favorites. I also add some fresh fruit juice to it and a pinch of cinnamon and a little salt to bring out the flavor. Enjoy with ice cream or custard for a great ending to a meal
Do you enjoy making all sorts of salads ..especially in the summer months with your barbecue's or buffets.
We are making an effort to eat healthier every day and consider what we put in our mouths. It is always a challenge..to say the least!
Easy Preparation For A Slimmers Fruit Lunch / Papaya
Sprinkle Seeds Over Your Salad
Enjoy a bit of healthy crunch in the form of nuts and seeds for a delicious plain summer salad.
Low Fat Salad Dressing Is A Good Alternative
♥♥ Shake up a little olive oil, water, mixed herbs, salt and lemon juice for a great dressing.
- yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce make a tangy topping too.
Avocado Banana Salad Surprise
Fruit And Meat Go Well Together
- Enjoy eating sweet melon and ham or Palma ham..even better!
- Pineapple in a carrot salad is wonderful. Just grate the carrots and pineapple and mix together lightly. Add some sugar or honey to sweeten, if needed.
Olives Make A Salad
- Give your green salad a Mediterranean twist by adding olives
- Olives are known to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
Healthy Food Choices
Creative Salad Display
- Create your salad that attracts the eye and taste buds.
- Place and arrange your green salad in attractive plates and bowls.
- A side salad is also great with hot dishes such as a chicken or beef casserole.
- Place your salad and cold meat on a large wooden board or tray for a rustic appeal.
Salads Or Not
Do you enjoy fresh salads?
Skinny Recipe Cook Book
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor: Gina Homolka: 8601410683504: Amazon.com:
Rated 4.7/5: Buy The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka: ISBN: 8601410683504 : Amazon.com ✓ 1 day delivery for Prime members
Skinny Recipe Book For The Weight Concious
Healthier Food Choices
- Have you ever stopped to think how many calories are hiding in many foods that we see as healthy?
- Reduce your calorie intake by pouring off the syrup of canned fruit before eating them for a dessert.
- Whole wheat bread is very good for us but it is how much we eat that is the question we must ask ourselves.What we put on the slice is as important. Sugary toppings and too much cheese can add up on the calorie front too!
- Healthy wholegrain rice is good but it is the sauces that that we ladle on top of the grains that add to our problem. Adding cream to meat and chicken dishes can also contribute to extra unnecessary calories.
- Have you thought of ways to eat healthier dishes that do not put on the pounds?
Tasty Unusual Salad
Other Healthy Groceries In Our Pantry.
The buzz word these days is foods that promote health so we have tried to increase these items in our fridge and grocery cupboard.
Here are some extra things we are trying to eat more of.
1. Beans in all shapes and forms.
2. Lentils for stews and soups
3. Brown sugar
4. Wholewheat bread and rye bread.
5. Wholegrain wheat flour.
6. Brown unpoliched rice.
7. Wholegrain pasta.
8. More fruit and vegetables eaten daily
9. Low fat milk
10. Low fat cottage cheese
11. olive oil and olives
12 Chicken breasts
13. lean mince
14. Tuna eaten more than once a week
15. Oats,nuts and seeds
16. Decaf. coffee
17. Herbal teas
So many other items that are on our list but these are just a few.
Over and above these things we take the omega 3, Calmag, zinc and Brewers yeast every day.
We sprinkle our shake powder over the oats and nuts in the morning for a head start and to maintain blood sugar levels, by introducing slow releasing carbohydrates into the diet. Also notice the benefit of not eating too much sugar and salt and so we limit it considerably by skipping it in tea and coffee.
Flatten your tummy!
- The New Abs Diet for Women: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life: Da
The New Abs Diet for Women: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life [David Zinczenko, Ted Spiker] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Easy to follow, easy to stick to, and more satisfying than a great-fit
Slimmer For Your Vacation
Gluten Free Popcorn
Great popcorn for those that would like to keep trim and healthy!