- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Snacks for Kids and Adults
Trying to eat healthy is a perpetual issue, a balance between taste and calories, grams of fat and ingredients. Processed foods are usually high in all per serving and allows one to gain weight. Here are some fast, yet healthy snacks:
1. Plain yogurt and toppings- it can be any type really, but it is best with Greek yogurt with a bit of jam or honey along with chopped nuts, granola or fruit.
2. Celery and peanut butter- a standard in many homes. A long stick with peanut butter spread along the ribs, add a touch of chocolate Nutella.
3. Apples and peanut butter- slices of apples dipped in peanut butter is a favorite with many and your dog will love also!
4. Green smoothies- very healthy when made right. Use kale and frozen mango, then mix in a blender with coconut water. Make to fit your taste but keep the greens in there.
5. Quiche muffins - use eggs to create healthy muffins. Use broccoli , spinach leaves, shredded cheddar cheese, milk. Basically, blanch the broccoli, chop the spinach all into a mix and use in muffin cups.
6. Use corn or wheat tortillas for Mexican food wraps to cut half the calories. For snacking, eat salted roasted pumpkin seeds.
7. Eat carrots or celery already cut up. Eat fruit.