- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy and Healthy Vegetable Lasagna
Healthy Vegetable Lasagna Rating
Healthy and Tasty
Lasagna is possibly one of the oldest types of pasta to be made. Traditionally it is made with meat, this is what gives most of the flavor to the dish, but over the years there have been various changes to the recipe.
Not everyone nowadays eats meat, but that doesn't mean that can't have any good dishes to eat as well. This Lasagna has been adapted for vegetarians but is also a good and healthy dish for everyone to enjoy.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Purple Onion, Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Teeth, Crushed
- 1 Zucchini, Diced
- 1/2 Broloci, Chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Corn, canned without water
- 1 3/4 Cups Canned Tomato, Diced
- 300g Lasagna pasta
- 1 cup Mozarella Cheese
- In a big pan, heat up the olive oil and saute the onion and red pepper for around 3 min. Mix every once in a while.
- Add the garlic and saute it for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables to the pan and give it a mix.
- Fill half of the can of tomato sauce with water and add it to the pan. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC.
- Grease the tray you will use to put the lasagna and add 1/4 of the mixture and the stock.
- Cover the layer of vegetables with a layer of lasagna pasta. Repeat this until all the vegetables are in the tray. The last layer of the lasagna is vegetables.
- Add cheese on the last layer of vegetables and cook in the oven for 30 min or until cheese is melted and pasta is well cooked.
Since this is a vegetarian lasagna, there is the option of adding other vegetables.