Healthy Weetabix Cake Loaf Recipe
This is a very quick and easy healthy recipe that contains no added sugar and no butter making it ideal for quick breakfasts on the go, lunchboxes or simply as a healthy snack. With the texture of a bread pudding, this recipe is also ideal for young kids.
Preparing this loaf will not take time as its simply a matter of mixing everything in 1 bowl before transferring to the baking tin to cook.
- 3 weetabix
- 200grams self raising flour
- 200mls water
- 200mls milk
- 200grams sultanas
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 lemon, (just the zest)
- Put the Weetabix and the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in 1 mashed banana and 1 chopped apple.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Place in a baking loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees celcius for around 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.