- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to make delicious sugar-free fruit sorbet
You don't need an ice cream machine for this instant treat
Wouldn't you love to treat your kids to a delicious snack or dessert that is full of vitamins without all that hidden sugar? Then try out this simple sorbet recipe that is ready in 5 minutes. No need for an expensive ice-cream machine. All you require is a blender or hand-blender and some creativity.
This healthy sorbet is full of natural ingredients and contains no added sugar or preservatives making it the ideal treat for your whole family. Use whatever frozen fruit or berries you have in the freezer. If you don't have pears use bananas instead. Just remember that you may need to adjust the sweetness with unsweetended apple juice concentrate if you use bitter or tart fruit. As an apple juice alternative you could also use dried apricots which have been previously soaked in water for softening.
And by the way, this is also the perfect way to get rid of left-over fruit. Before it goes off, just cut it into chunks, put it in a freezer bag and stick it in the freezer. So from now on you can always buy a lot of seasonal fruit when its cheap and you never have to worry about it getting wasted again.
Enjoy a healthy and guilt free summer!
Instant fruit/berry sorbet
- 1 cup (250 ml) sliced and peeled fresh pears or unsweetened canned pears
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen fruit or berries of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp. Frozen apple juice concentrate to taste, (optional)
- Fresh fruit or mint for garnishing, (optional)
- Put pears and berries in a blender. Blend together until smooth.
- Taste and if necessary sweeten with some apple juice concentrate.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh fruit, berries or mint.
Other related hubs by novascotiamiss
- Sugar-free breakfast granola recipe
If you are looking for a healthy, low-cost alternative to the sugar laden store bought breakfast cereals, make your own honey roasted oat granola with this simple and inexpensive recipe.
- How healthy are your fruit snacks really? Don't fall for misleading marketing tricks
Fruit snacks are very fashionable these days. But do we really know what they contain? Are they really healthy, or are we just stuffing ourselves with more unhealthy junk? This article might convince you how important it is to read food labels.