Hearty Chili with 3 Beans
I came up with this chili when I had some extra beans and could not figure out what to make with them. So I decided it would be good to bulk up my chili with a few extra beans . Not only did it taste great but it help me get that little extra fiber I needed.
- 1 pound ground beef or Turkey, Browned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, un drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can chili beans (hot or mild), un drained
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot sauté green and red peppers and onions in a Tbs. of olive oil till tender.
- Add ground beef or Turkey to the veggie mixture until brown. Drain meat mixture.
- Return meat and veggie mixture back to the pot add the tomato paste, tomato sauce , diced tomatoes, black, kidney, and chili beans. mix until well blended.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. If the chili needs more water add an additional 1/2 cup. Add corn and Stir.
- Let the chili simmer for 10 more minutes until corn is heated through.
- Serve. You can add, cheese, and sour cream if desired.