Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup Recipe
Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup Recipe Post-It
Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup
This is a soup you can spend a few dollar on the ingredients and not be hungry of a month if you had to. Split Pea and Potato Soup is filling and nutrious. Potato flakes can be substituted for real potatoes for convenience or storage, as well as onion flakes subsituting for real onions. For the beef broth, you can use bullion cubes or homemade beef bone broth. Of course, fresh is always best I would imagine.
Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Margarine
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Dried Split Green Peas, Rinsed
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Peeled and Quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Split Pea and Potato Hearty Soup Recipe
Instructions for Fixing Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup
- In a sauce pan melt butter, add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and beef broth and bring to a boil - about 4 minutes.
- Add peas and potatoes; adjust the heat so mixture bubbles gently, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until peas and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, let cool 10 minutes. Can whirl in blender or food processor for smoother texture.
Rate Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup Recipe
Keep split peas on hand to make this hearty, filling soup anytime.
© 2018 Kelly Ann