Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup Recipe
Hearty Split Pea and Potato Soup
Split Pea Soup Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Margarine
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Dried Split Green Peas, Rinsed
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Peeled and Quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- In a sauce pan melt butter, add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and beef broth and bring to a boil - about 4 minutes.
- Add peas and potatoes; adjust the heat so mixture bubbles gently, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until peas and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, let cool 10 minutes. Can whirl in blender or food processor for smoother texture.
Rate This Recipe!
© 2018 Kelly Christensen