Heavenly Coconut Cake With Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Heavenly Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This moist scrumptious coconut cake is one of my husband's favorite cakes. It makes a large cake and a wonderful dessert for all you coconut lovers. It will be the star for any occasion! Let get to cooking!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar, margarine or butter and shortening with an electric mixer.
- Separate eggs, add the egg yolks one at a time and beat well. Set aside the egg whites.
- Add the flour, baking soda, coconut, buttermilk and the pecans; beat well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch x 13-inch pan or 3 greased and floured 9-inch round layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients for Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 box powdered sugar
Instructions for Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter in a large skillet.
- Add the coconut; cook on low heat, stirring until golden brown.
- Spread the coconut on the wax paper and cool.
- Cream the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter with the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar and 1 ¾ cup of the toasted coconut.
- Spread frosting on the cake.
- Spread the remaining toasted coconut on top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake.
This cake may be frozen and used later.
Pina Colada Cake
Are you a coconut lover?
Do you like coconut?
Welcome, tell me how you like this coconut cake recipe!
Coconut Pound Cake
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Luscious Red Velvet Cupcakes In A Jar
Looking for a food gift that makes a statement? Make these red velvet cupcakes as a gift, wedding and baby showers or any occasion!
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting | Delishably
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
- Delicious Collection of Fruitcake Recipes
Get an early start for the Christmas holidays with these delicious fruitcake recipes! Try the easy fruit cake or the orange or applesauce recipes. Merry Christmas and happy baking!
- Best Cake Recipes for Any Occasion | Delishably
Check out these delicious, elegant, and easy recipes. Favorites are red velvet, gooey butter, oatmeal, Italian cream, carrot, and earthquake German chocolate! Peek inside and find one you like!