- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Best High Protein Country Brunch Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes are a great-tasting alternative to normal pancakes. They taste great, and the ingredients help you get the protein that you need in your daily diet. Although cottage cheese is one of the main ingredients, you don't have to like cottage cheese to love these pancakes. It melts while they are cooking, and you probably would not be able to tell that it is there if you didn't know already. We eat "breakfast" every Sunday night, and these are on the regular rotation. Feel free to double the recipe as they are just as good the second time!
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Mix well the dry ingredients in a large bowl (first 5 in the list).
- Mix the last 4 ingredients in a bowl, making sure to beat eggs.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix well.
- Pour onto griddle or frying pan (desired size).