Home Made Funfetti Cupcakes
Cupcakes are a fun small cake which you bake in paper liners and decorate with frosting and all kinds of toppings like sprinkles and candy.A standard cup cake uses the basic ingredients sugar,butter,flour and eggs. This is a fun cupcake recipe my daughter loves to do with me.These cupcakes make great cupcakes for birthday party or any celebration but especially for kids.This cupcake is soft ,moist with a delicious buttery taste and funny enough not to sweet.Topped with a butter cream frosting.
- 1 and 2/3 cups flour, all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, soft
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yougurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl mix the flour,baking soda,baking powder and the salt together and set a side.
- Get medium bowl or your mixer add the butter,and sugar and mix together when well blended put the bowl in the fridge for one minute.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and mix in egg,yogurt,milk and vanilla extract and mix well together.
- Take the small bowl with the dry ingredients in it and slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth with no lumps left in it.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles to the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners,bake in the oven for about 17-20 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.Once cooked transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely before adding the butter cream frosting.
Butter Cream Frosting
.1 stick of butter at room temperature
.2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
.2 tablespoons heavy cream
In your mixer bowl with the paddle attached on or a regular bowl using a electric hand mixer beat the butter on a medium speed until smooth.Slowly add the powder sugar to the butter while the mixer is still going then once all the sugar has been added add the vanilla and the heavy cream.Increase the speed of your mixer and beat for about 5 minutes.
Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a 1M tip or get a Ziploc bag and snip on corner of the bag at the bottom and frost your cupcake's.
As a parent you spend much of your life dedicated to feeding your kids. But did you know that cooking with kids is equally important?
The earlier they learn how to cook, the sooner they will learn an essential life skill. It’s hard to imagine that teaching a three year old how to break an egg could result in culinary protege, but kids often become quite talented in the kitchen. This makes messy floors worth it down the road when they start to cook for you Spending time in the kitchen gives them confidence. Kids thrive on feeling accomplished. Cooking is an ideal way to boost self-worth and teach responsibility. There is nothing cuter than watching children proudly serving their food to others.