- Food and Cooking
Home Made Spaghetti Sauce in 10 Minutes
Had to Cook All Day
Because I wanted to feed my family better, I started making more of my food from scratch. By cooking from scratch, I was in control of the amount of salt and sugar that I added. My home made spaghetti sauce was actually pretty awesome but it took all day.
Here in Atlanta, I have no time for all day spaghetti sauce. I stumbled across this terrific sauce that only takes about twenty minutes to make. That's it, twenty minutes. It is better than almost anything you can get in a jar at the store.
So here it is.
Here is the Shopping List
1. olive oil 1tbls
2. garlic clove 3 cloves minced
3. Basil 3 tsps dry or 1/4 cup fresh
4. parsley 3 tsp dr \or /2tbls fresh
5. oregano 2 tsp dry
6. balsamic vinegar 2tsp
7. salt 1/8 tsp
8. ground pepper 1/8 tsp fresh ground
9.crushed c tomatoes 2-28oz cans
What To Do Next
- Heat olive oil in heavy sauce pan over medium heat
- · Add garlic, basil, parsley and oregano
- · Saute 1 minute-stirring frequently
- · Add vinegar and remaining ingredients
- · Simmer 10 minutes
That's it. I use this over Three Cheese Stuffed Shells and my daughter asked me to make it again. If I get asked for a repeat of a new recipe, I know it's A OK.