- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Home Style Chicken Pot Pie
This hearty dish brings home-style cooking to the table with a little less work. Prep time can be cut considerably if you use a food processor.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cups red potatos, diced
- 1 pound (16 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp. chicken bullion, (I use powdered)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cube cooked chicken.
- Add the filling rounded up to the top edge of the pie dish.
- Mix the remaining cup of broth with chicken bullion and onion powder and bring to a boil.
- Thicken with remaining 1/3 cup of flour and 1/3 cup of water to make gravy.
- Pour gravy over vegetable mixture.
- Place remaining pie crust over the filling.
- Crimp crust edges by hand or with a fork.
- Make a few decorative slits in the top crust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 425 or until crust turns a light golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
This dish brings comfort food creaminess to the table with plenty of vegetables and lean meat. Enjoy!
- Smothered Steak in Gravy
Steak smothered in gravy and fresh vegetables is an attractive savory dish that can be tweaked to fit your family's preferences.
- Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
This easy shrimp stir fry recipe can be served over rice or pasta.
- Pepper Steak with Mushrooms
Not everyone in my family likes tomatoes so over the years, my pepper steak recipe has evolved to include mushrooms instead.