- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Home Cooked Chicken and Rice That Warms Your Tummy
Food that Warms the Heart
- 6 pieces chicken
- 1 big onion
- 1 big bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Cut up the trinity (onions, bell pepper, celery)
- Add the trinity and the chicken in the pot with the chicken broth. Let cook for one and half hours on med-low.
- Add rice and butter and cook for another 25-30 minutes
- NOTE: If you are using chicken breast for this meal use extra chicken broth or water (for less salt) to cover the meat.
To My Mom and her DAH HAH's
Growing up in a small town such as Quincy Florida my mother was always suffering financially with having to feed 9 kids. She came up with meals that would feed us all. She wanted our meals to hearty and nutritious. We'd use chicken pieces because chicken breast was too expensive. She would throw a lot things in a pot at once and call it DAH HAH. DAH HAH was a word she made up when she would look in the refrigerator or pantry to come up with something to eat. I love my mama and I am so grateful that she could put food on the table for us to eat. This goes out to you mama. I Love You.
What recipe do you remember that warmed you up in the winter when you were a child?
This is where this recipe took form in a small town full of southern hospitality