- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Homemade Bean Soup
This is a great comfort food, you can have anytime of the year. But it sure is great on a cold winter day or fall. Keeps you warm inside and its great with a grill cheese sandwich.
This is what you will need:
- 16oz Package Northern Beans, Dried
- 1 package Bacon, Thick Sliced
- 6 cups Water
- 2 packages Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 Tube of Pillsbury Biscuits (10-12)
- his takes about 6 hours to cook, this won't be something you can eat right away. Preheat your oven to 325, take a baking pan and add your Bacon cook till about 3 quarters done. In your large stock pot add 6 cups of water. Next wash off your your northern beans. Wash clean Add to your water and let cook for about 2 hours Then add your 2 packages of knorr vegetable soup mix.
- Take your bacon after cooked and slice in 2 inch pieces, then go ahead and add to your stock pot. Now just let cook for about 5 more hours on med to low heat. After your 6 hour cook on the stove. Take a baking pan and add your biscuits from the tube and cook for about 12-15 minutes, or what it says on the package.
Cook time: 6hours
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 6 hours 10 min
There are so many recipes you can do with northern beans,you can do salads & dips or serve alone as a side. They are very healthy and possible can help with weight loss and plus this is a comfort food Great for fall and winters, or when every you want.
Nutrition Facts Northern Beans
|Serving size: 1 Cup 262g|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 55 g||18%|
|Fiber 13 g||52%|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 10 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my blog
- Favorite Foods
Some more great dinners easy to make