- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Shrimp and Egg Burrito Recipe
Please Rate This Recipe Here:
My kids love eating burritos, not the typical Mexican burrito with beam, cheese and salsa, but the type we make at home with fillings we prefer. Shrimp and egg burrito, for example, is tasty enough for each of my kids to wrap up and chomp down three or four of them. Shrimp and Egg burrito is one of my kids' favorite food. It is a very health diet that doesn't involve any greasy, creamy and spicy food. It is also very easy to make and can be done within an hour for a family of five. When we make this dish at home, my kids enjoy creating their own burritos with the portion of fillings that they prefer.
- 2 lbs Red Potatos, Washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb Shrimps, Cleaned, shelled and deveined
- 5 Eggs
- 10 oz Peas
- 1 tbs Oregano
- 1 tbs Parsley Flakes
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs Salt
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 15 pieces Uncooked Tortillas
- In a roasting pan, mix chopped red potato with olive oil, oregano, parsley flakes, garlic powder and salt. Then place the roasting pan inside a 420 degree preheated oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- While waiting for the potato to be done, heat a skillet that is larger than a tortilla. Keep the skillet with medium heat and cook tortillas one at a time for 1 minute. Keep flipping the tortilla every few seconds to prevent it from being burned. Finish cooking all 15 tortillas and keep them in a plate.
- In the same skillet, pour in 1 tbs olive oil and crack all five eggs into the skillet. Turn the heat to high, stir fry the eggs until they're fully cooked, about 1-2 minutes. Then transfer the scrambled egg into a bowl and put aside.
- In the same skillet with heat on high, add 1 cup of water, 2 gloves of garlic and few slices of ginger. Then add in the shrimps when the water is boiled. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimps are fully cooked. Scoop out the cooked shrimp only and put them into a bowl.
- In the same skillet with the remaining soup from the shrimp, add in the peas and bring the soup to boil. Scoop out the peas only when they're fully cooked into a bowl. Use a different bowl to hold the remaining soup and drink it when it cools down.
- Remove the roasting pan when the potato is cooked with a golden brown. Transfer the potato into a large bowl. Bring all the food onto the center of a table and have everyone wrap his/her own burrito.
- Serve fresh fruits at the end of the meals.
I sometimes replace peas with green and red bell peppers. They go with the rest of the food well too. Here is how I cook green and red bell peppers:
- Wash 2 green and 2 red bell peppers. Cut them into small pieces.
- Heat up 1 tbs olive oil in a wok or skillet.
- Mince 2 gloves of garlic and toss them into the heated oil.
- Keep the heat on high, add in the bell peppers, immediately follow by 1 tbs soy sauce. Stir and toss the bell peppers often for 1-2 minutes.