- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Homemade Cereal Porridge Recipe for Infants and Children – Tasty and Nutritious Mixed Grain Porridge
Broken Wheat Porridge Recipe for Infants, Babies and others
South Indian 'navdhanya' cereal mix recipe for infants and babies
In South India, children are given navdhanya, the nine grains mix powder. Nine different types of grain are powdered and this mixture is given to babies and infants in porridge form. It is very nutritious. Mixed grain porridge is best for infants and children as they will be benefited from the nutrition of all the nine grains.
Infant not passing motion? Foods that would help babies pass motion
Stomach worms in children - home remedies
Mixed grain recipe, the best summer food for infants and babies
This mixed grain porridge is very suitable to give to infants and children in summer. Ingredients like barley, sago and ragi would cool their body, helping them stand the summer. Children would also like the taste of this porridge. Children as well as adults can have this nutritious drink daily. When you do not get time for preparing breakfast, you can try this quick healthy breakfast porridge. Mixed grain porridge is rich with all the health benefits of the nine different grains.
Arrowroot porridge recipe for infants and children
Mixed grain porridge better than readymade packed cereal for babies
I used to give canned cereal for my baby when he was six months old. But I found canned cereal unhealthy as baby frequently had colic problems during those days. Particularly canned food with milk is very unhealthy and causes gas and indigestion. Baby was constipated several times. I stopped canned cereal and started preparing cereal powder at home. From seventh month onwards I began giving cereal mix for my baby. The colic problem disappeared after stopping the readymade canned food. I would say that home made mixed grain cereal is more healthy and nutritious compared to canned cereal available in the market. I will explain to you how to prepare mixed grain powder. Take ingredients as explained below
How to sweeten baby milk without sugar
A delicious and healthy cereal recipe for infants – mixed grain porridge recipe
Brown rice – 200 g
Broken wheat – 200 g
Ragi – 200 g
Barley – 2 tablespoon
Corn – 5 tablespoon
Green Gram – 50 gram
Roasted Channa Dal – 100 g
Sago (javvarisi) – 2 tablespoon
White beans – 5 tablespoon
Raisins and cashew nuts can be added to enhance taste and nutrition. But for infants raisins and cashew nuts should be powdered before adding to porridge.
The best remedy to treat diarrhea in Kids
How to prepare nine grain cereal mixture?
Lightly fry the above ingredients in a frying pan (do not add oil or anything). Do not fry for long time. Just fry for few minutes. This is to preserve the cereal from getting spoiled from mould. Powder the fried cereals in a mixer grinder. Keep in clean jars. A single teaspoon of powder is enough for infants of six months old. Older children can be given more, a glassful of porridge.
Cold, cough and running nose for Kid? Here is the best remedy
How to prepare cereal porridge for infant and babies
Boil 100ml milk (cook it for 10 minutes, so that milk if properly boiled). Take a teaspoonful of cereal powder and mix it in 25 ml of water. Stir well and pour into the boiling milk. Cook for few minutes. Add sugar. This porridge can be given to infants and children daily. For giving to infants of 6 months old, make a loose porridge with enough milk. Do not make it too thick.
Read Below - Dhannyya's Hubs on Health and Healing [with respect to Indian concept of health and healing]
1. Indian Spices that help you lose weight. Weight loss spices
2. How to lower blood pressure suddenly? Three best home remedies for hypertension, best foods to reduce blood pressure
3. Kids health – Stomach worms – best home remedy for worms. Get rid of stomach worms
4. Urinary infection best home remedy. Remedy for urinary infection in pregnant women, children and others
5. Best home remedy for gas problem, stomach pain, flatulence, bloating. Try these natural remedies
6. Eat jackfruit, lose weight and control blood pressure. Jackfruit, the highly nutritious food
7. Indian foods to avoid in Summer. 'No' to these foods in Summer
8. Body warming foods you should eat in winter (Delhi winter.) Check the Indian foods that warm body
9. How to avoid cold in infants and children. Avoid these foods to save child from cough and cold
10. Indian Magic spices for healing. Try these Indian home remedies for your diseases
11. Healthy and Tasty Indian fish recipe for kids – Recipe. Fish curry for Children, Healthy fish for children, Sardine, Mackerel
12. Body cooling foods you should eat in Indian summer.Eat these foods in Indian summer months
13. Medicinal flowers of India – Healing with flowers. These Indian flowers have numerous therapeutic benefits
14. Best home remedy for infant cold and cough. Remedies for toddler, running nose, chest congestion for child natural remedy
15. Arrowroot, the very best food – Include arrowroot in your diet. How to eat arrowroot. Where you get it.
16. Stomach worms in adults – Symptoms and home remedies. This home remedy will help get rid of stomach worms
17. Home made Cereal, Broken Wheat Porridge Recipe. Porridge for Infants, Babies and others
18. Back pain?Mustard oil, the best home remedy for back pain. Know more about this home remedy
19. Nannari, the best natural body coolant. Drink nannari drink, the drink of cooling herb nannari in Indian summer
20. Homemade Cereal Porridge Recipe for Infants and Children – Tasty and Nutritious Mixed Grain Porridge
21. The best home remedy for morning sickness, nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Simple remedy for nausea and vomiting
22. The best home remedy for diarrhea in children. Effective remedy for Kids stomach upset
23. Nutmeg for indigestion, stomach pain, bloating and flatulence. Know more about this home remedy