- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Homemade Chewy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, but we always feel a bit guilty if we indulge in them too much. This recipe, using whole wheat flour, let’s you indulge every once in a while (or more) and feel good about it. The whole wheat is a great source of fiber and the flavor adds to the richness of the chocolate. This recipe also using vegetable oil instead of butter; it’s not for the fat or calories, but it helps keep the cookies soft and chewy. You can substitute butter if you prefer, but I’ve never enjoyed crispy, crunchy cookies as much as soft and chewy ones.
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 cup (8oz.) Vegetable oil
¾ cup White sugar
¾ cup Brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees f.
2. In a mixing bowl sift together, flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a standing mixer, blend the oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. NOTE: Since this recipes uses oil instead of butter, you can bypass the standing mixer and just use a large bowl and whisk. either way will work fine, but if you don't like having to handwash all the pieces of the standing mixing and save yourself some time, using the bowl and whisk method is a much easier step.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well before adding next one.
5. Mix in the flour in small batches. (Three if using the standing mixer, if you're using the bowl and whisk step, just add a few ounces at a time and when it starts to get too thick to whisk easily, use a spatula and begin folding the foulr into the oil until its fully incorporated.)
6. Mix/fold in chocolate chips.
7. Drop 6-12 tablespoon-sized cookie dough scoops onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (Depending on how large or small your cookie sheet is). NOTE: Depending on how big you like your cookies, you should get around 2-3 dozen cookies from one batch.Also if you like you can put the dough in a piping bag and squirt out the dough to the size you prefer.
8. Bake for 9—11 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
More Dessert recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Lemon Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust Recipe
Here's a recipe for a lemon cream pie with a shortbread crust. Enjoy!
- Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. it's one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- Simple and Easy Apple Pie Recipe
Here is a recipe for a simple and delicious homemade apple pie. Enjoy!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies and Frosting Recipe
Here is a recipe for sugar cookies and frosting. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Here is a recipe for a peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate chips and a chocolate topping. Enjoy!