Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Homemade Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
It is a fact of life that we all crave certain foods, and those cravings change with the wind, they blow in brushing against our face, teasing us making us want more. When we eat take out, we cobble up a lot of calories in one sitting, filling us up for a short amount of time, and then making us ravenous an hour later. We all love to spoil ourselves with take out once in awhile, but there are ways to make delicious foods in our own kitchen that taste similar to our beloved take out foods (and sometimes tastes even better). We don't have to spoil our healthy lifestyles and cave in to our cravings. Experimenting in the kitchen is exhilarating, especially when we discover recipes that remind us of all of our favorite unhealthy foods.
The only take out that I crave these days is Chinese food, I love the salty goodness of oriental food, but I live in a very dietary restricted household. I am not supposed to eat fat, and my boyfriend is not allowed to eat gluten, so take out is not exactly a great option for our bellies. When we crave oriental I have no choice but to make it myself (which I thoroughly enjoy). When I have craving I run straight for the kitchen and experiment with foods to see if I can cook up a dish that will satisfy my needs. Sometimes I make great, delicious, and satisfying foods, and sometimes I make mistakes and create dishes that are not exactly edible, but with this chicken fried rice, I made something that tasted almost exactly like Chinese food take out, and I was pleasantly surprised.
This chicken fried rice recipe is not like anything you have tasted before. It tastes like take out, but way better. This salty, spicy, sweet, garlic, and ginger recipe is so delicious it will make you want to eat it all up. The soy sauce gives it an incredible salty flavor, the ginger gives this dish an undeniably sweet zing, and the garlic and chili powder give it a savory spicy flavor. All of these flavors combined gives this chicken fried rice an incredible and delicious punch to the taste buds.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 1 can Mushrooms
- 1 can Baby Corn
- Cabbage, shredded
- Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Peas
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 1 bulb Garlic, chopped
- Soy Sauce, to taste (I use liquid aminos)
- Ginger, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Chili Powder, to taste
- Preheat a large pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut up the onions and garlic and sear them in the pan until browned.
- Shred the cabbage and carrots and add to the pan with some soy sauce.
- Cook on high for several minutes, then add the cooked rice, cooked and chopped chicken, water chestnuts, baby corn, peas, mushrooms, more soy sauce, ginger, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Cook on high for twenty minutes.
- The trick to a great fried rice is to burn the rice and the soy sauce and mix so it doesn't get to burnt. Mix every few minutes and keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.