Homemade Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These are tasty oatmeal cookies made with whole wheat flour and dark chocolate chips. They are a very healthy choice in homemade snacks; having rolled oats, whole wheat flour and dark chocolate chips. They are a great source of fiber and antioxidants. This recipe makes about 4 dozen depending on the size of each cookie.
3 cups of oatmeal (rolled oats)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
2 whole eggs
¼ to ½ cup of milk (Whole or Vitamin D)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree f.
2. Mix together oatmeal, flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a standing mixer, or using an egg beater, beat together butter, vanilla, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
5. Add milk and mix. (¼ cup for crispier cookies, ½ cup for chewier cookies)
6. Add flour and oat mixture in three parts to the butter and egg mix, and bending until incorporated.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Drop 6-12 tablespoon-sized dollops of dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (depending on the size of the sheet; small=6, large=12).
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
10. Let cool on a wire rake for 5 minutes.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- How To Make Homemade Chocolate Bran Muffins
This is my recipe for chocolate whole wheat bran muffins with dark choclate chips. They taste great and better for you than chocolate cupcakes. Enjoy!
- My Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!