How to Make Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
Rate this recipe!
These chips are so easy to make, and they taste much better than any store bought version. Make a large batch and serve with your favorite dips or salsa. Wow your friends and family at your next party by serving these crunchy, fresh chips.
- 1 12oz package of corn tortillas
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the corn tortillas into 8 wedges, arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Combine oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Combine spices in a separate small bowl. Brush the tortillas with the oil and lime mixture. Pinch and sprinkle spices over the wet slices. You could also put your spices in an empty salt or pepper shaker to distribute evenly.
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotating the pan and bake for another 8 minutes to get an even bake. Remove once they're crispy, but not too brown. We want crunchy and delicious, not burned up and dry.
- Serve with your favorite salsa. Store in airtight container.