- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Homemade Kjeldsens Danish Butter Cookies (Vaniljekranse)
Everyone loves to eat Danish butter cookies by Kjeldsens right, I mean who doesn't. This is the cookie that I grew up with, my mother grew up with and my grandmother grew up with. This is the classic. It all started long before the Mrs Fields cookies and the cookie mixes in the supermarkets. I receive my first box of Kjeldsens during Chinese new year from my aunt.
Now, have anyone ever wonder how to make these crumbly, buttery goodies in your kitchen? There must be a way, and here I am to reveal the ultimate recipe of the classic blue tin.
This recipe is very flexible that it creates a base that is very easy to work with. It is definitely one of the ways to spend with your kid decorating these great and tasty cookie! Enjoy.
- 1 Egg
- 150 gram Butter, (prefer: golden canned butter)
- 80 gram Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanillia paste
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C.
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until they are all well combined.
- Transfer all your mixture into a piping bag with an open star tip.
- Pipe wreaths onto cookie sheet or greased baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 7-8 mins, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Leave the cookie in the oven for another 2 mins.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your cookie and keep them in an air tight container.