Homemade Easy Jelly
Jams or jellies are great with bread, crackers, just by themselves, or even to be used in another recipe. What if they are home made with fresh fruit or juice? They are even greater! I bring you this easy recipe so you can make fruit jelly in a short time any time you want.
- 2 cups Fruit juice, Orange, pineapple, any berry, or a mixed-fruit juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- vanilla extract or cinnamon powder, to aromatize
- 1/2 cup chopped fruit, (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- In a pan, cook the sugar and water at a low temperature for about 2-3 minutes. If you are having chopped fruit, add it too.
- Add the juice and the cinnamon powder or vanilla extract (you can choose the one that goes better depending on the fruit you are using and, of course, on your preferences). Let it cook for about 20-25 minutes at medium heat. You have to mix it every 4-5 minutes, so you see it consistence (which rapidly changes) and you help it not to sticking to the pan.
NOTE: For this one, I used Mortiño, which is an Ecuadorian Andes berry (part of my ecuadorian food exploration). You can use any fruit you like. One of my favourites is blackberry-strawberry one.