Homemade Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
I always was intrigued by the “flourless” part of a flourless chocolate cake. I never understood how you could make a pastry, cookie, or cake without any type of starch or binder. So, I was surprised when I looked into that it’s the egg yolks that are substituted for the flour; it’s almost like a brownie. I thought it would be fun to make one of these decadent desserts. So, when I was putting it together, I thought it would be interesting if I added ground up chocolate graham for an added texture. It turned out c=quite well. This recipe calls for only a few ingredients, but it does have many steps. However; it is worth it for a delicious cake.
I package (5 oz.) of chocolate graham crackers
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cold coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup white sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Separate the 6 egg whites and yolks into separate bowls.
3. In a double-boiler melt the chocolate chips, until fully smooth.
4. Add the sugar, vanilla, and cold coffee to the egg yolks, and whisk together.
5. Scoop the melted chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
6. In a food processer pulse the chocolate graham crackers until they are finely ground.
7. Add the egg yolk and sugar mixture to the melted chocolate a whisk together until fully combined.
8. In a standing mixer (or an egg beater and large mixing bowl) whip the eggs whites, on high, until you have stiff peaks.
9. Add the ground graham crackers to the chocolate mixture and fold the two together.
10. Add the eggs whites, in three batches, to the chocolate mixture, folding the whites completely before adding the next part.
11. Pour the batter into a 9-inch cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.
12. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving or refrigerating.
13. If you wish to add a frosting to the cake, the following recipe is good one for this kind of cake:
More chocolate recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Homemade Hot Fudge Sundae Chocolate Topping Recipe
Here's a recipe for a hot fudge topping for a hot fudge sundae. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Here's a recipe for making homemade Chocolate Milk Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Simple and Easy Chocolate Fudge
Here is a simple recipe for chocolate fudge using marshmallows. enjoy!
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers Recipe (Topped Wit...
A recipe for homemade chocolate covered graham crackers topped with crushed Peanut Butter Crunch. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!