Homemade Garlic Bread
by Amber Maccione
I grew up in an Italian/Jewish family. We ate a lot of different pasta dishes but seemed to always buy the garlic bread from the frozen section of the grocery store. When I became an adult and started my own family, I saw how much it cost to buy and knew I could make it myself for a cheaper price and tastier. So here is my own recipe for garlic bread. Enjoy!
- 6 Slices White Bread/Wheat Bread
- Butter, Melted or Softened
- Evenly Sprinkled Garlic, Powder or Freshly Chopped
- Evenly Sprinkled Onion, Powder
- Pinch Salt, Lightly Sprinkled (Optional)
- Evenly Sprinkled Basil
- Evenly Sprinkled Parsley
- Evenly Sprinkled Cilantro
- Evenly Sprinkled Oregano
- Evenly Sprinkled Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
Pasta For Dinner
How often do you serve a pasta dish with garlic bread for dinner?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the butter on both sides of the bread.
- Then sprinkle evenly all the other ingredients on the front side of the bread.
- Place seasoned bread into preheated oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes (until underside of bread is a golden brown).
- Take finished garlic bread out of oven and serve warm with favorite pasta dish and salad.
Copyright © 2013 http://ambercita04.hubpages.com/ All Rights Reserved