3-Ingredient Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
It took me way too long to realize that homemade is almost always better than store-bought, especially when it comes to pie crust!
One day when I feeling a little bit "Suzy Homemaker," I decided to go out on a limb and try making my own crust for my cream cheese pie. I couldn't believe the result! Only 3 ingredients and a few minutes of my time yielded a crust that completely transformed the taste of my (already infamous) pie. I was hooked and will never go back.
This Crust is Perfect For:
...Cheesecakes! I typically pair it with my no-bake cream cheese pie (shown in the picture above).
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (or 1 stick) Butter, melted
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar using a fork. Make sure clumps of sugar are broken up.
- Slowly pour in melted butter, mixing it in with the fork. The mixture should turn darker in color, and it should be easily compacted when you press on it with a spoon. If it doesn't pack well (like brown sugar does), slowly add more butter until it does.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Pack it down with the back of a spoon, as shown in the picture on the right. Start in the middle and work your way out toward the edges.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be easily tailored to individual taste. For thinner crust, reduce the amount of graham cracker crumbs by 1/2 cup and reduce the butter as needed. For thicker crust, add 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs and add another 1/4 stick of butter. Play with this recipe and find out what you like best!