Homemade Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
The past few weeks have been pretty hectic in my household. My grandmother passed away, and my grandfather was still hospitalized from a surgery he had in another town. Even though the family was in from other towns and states, there was lots of chaos going from one place to another to get together. Quick and easy meals became an important part of my meal planning, so I could avoid dining out as much as I could. I came up with this quick and easy substitute, and the kids at my house begged for more. It tasted much better than the canned stuff you find at the grocery.
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup, (or tomato sauce)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, original flavor
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Brown ground turkey in large skillet. Add onion and cook until onion becomes tender.
- Add BBQ sauce and ketchup. Mix well until evenly coated with turkey.
- Add brown sugar and chili powder (these two ingredients can be simplified to taste). Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add to sandwich buns and enjoy!