- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
Old Fashioned Sweets
My mother was an excellent "from scratch" cook. She used the ingredients she had at hand to make tasty treats for her husband and 10 children. This homemade hot fudge sauce is one of those treats and is a one-of-a-kind recipe. It is inexpensive to make and delicious!
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons Baking Cocoa
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Heaping Teaspoon Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Wisk together all the ingredients except vanilla and cook over low-medium heat stirring often until the mixture thickens. You want to stir so it doesn't get lumps. It will thicken fast, so pay close attention.
- Once the mixture thickens to desired consistency, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve warm over ice cream. (Low carb ice cream, sugar free ice cream or yogert can be substituted.) Extra sauce can be refridgerated in a sealed container and reheated for future use.
For 3 - 4 Tablespoons of Baking Cocoa, substitute 1 Square of Unsweetened Baking Chocolate.
For lower carbs and caleries:
For the 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch substitute 3 Tablespoons of Almond Flour
Splenda equal to 1 cup of sugar