Homemade Hot Fudge Sundae Chocolate Topping Recipe
I’ve made homemade hard fudge before, but the first time I did, I got the ingredients wrong and used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. It was runny and didn’t set. At first, I thought I had ruined it and would have to throw it out. But it dawned on me that I could pour it over ice for a nice hot fudge sundae. So here’s the recipe I use to make hot fudge for a hot fudge sundae. This fudge will be smooth and runny even when cooled, and can be kept in the fridge and reheated when desired. the good thing about this recipe is that you can use any type of chips/flavor: dark chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, mint, even cinnamon, or any combo of them( mint-chocolate for example).
¼ stick butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk
12 oz. of any flavored chips (chocolate, butterscotch, mint)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter.
2. Add marshmallows and evaporated milk.
3. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add chips and stir until they are completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Pour directly over ice cream.
Note: Put remainder in a sealed container and refrigerate. Just re-heat on stove over low heat, or microwave when you want to use it again. You can also just eat it cold with a spoon!
More Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. it's one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Here is a recipe for a peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate chips and a chocolate topping. Enjoy!
- Mint Ice Cream With Mini Chocolate Chips Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!