Homemade Kaju Katli recipe, a cashew nut barfi- Indian Dessert
Kaju Katli Recipe Ingredients
- 1Kg Cashewnut, Kaju, Powdered
- 800gm Sugar, Powdered
- 200gm Mawa, Grated
- 18-20 Cardamom, Powdered
- 20-25 threads Saffron/ Kesar, Soaked in Milk
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Ghee or Butter, Apply to dish
I have been always a true Gujju foodie, who has a capacity of eating numerous meals in a day. My day is incomplete without some junk food and sweets. In India, mostly every mouthwatering dishes in made at home and one doesn’t have to worry about its quality. In addition is so easy on your monthly budget that you can teart yourself with them regularly. Here is the Kaju Katli recipe, my all time favourite sweet, an Indian dessert dish:
Cook Time for Kaju Katli Recipe
Kaju Katli Recipe Instructions
- Grind cashew nut pieces to powdered form with either a nut cracker or using a grinder. If you are using a grinder make sure you apply start-stop technique so as to avoid it to become greasy. Sieve powdered cashew. Boil sugar and water in a heavy bottom kadhai. After 5 minutes take a drop of this syrup to check f it has achieved 1 tar (string)
- [ How to check tars (string): - Take a drop of syrup let it cool for few seconds then press it lightly between your thumb and index finger. Now slowly increase the distance between thumb and the finger up to 2 cm. If the syrup string breaks then it is 1/2 tar and if not then look carefully to see how many strings are visible. In case if the syrup is over heated then you'll witness two such strings. Remember for Kaju Katli we need one string only.]
- Once you have achieved a string, turn off the gas and make a fine paste of Kesar and milk. Mix this paste with cardamom powder and mawa followed by cashew nut powder. Now stir this mixture continuously on a simmer flame until it starts leaving the sides of vessel. Quickly apply ghee/butter on two to three dishes and pour the mixture into them. Spread evenly. Leave it to cool. Now cut them into the diamond from (see the pictures)
Kaju Katli Recipe Garnishing
You can decorate this delicious sweet with pure silver foil (Varak) which is optional because Jains, Vegans and many Vegetarians do not use it. Garnish with some Saffron/Kesar threads.
Hope you enjoy making and eating as much as I do, for this dessert is sure to leave you asking for more.
- 3 Effective yoga asanas (poses) for diabetes control
High blood sugar levels causing diabetes can be controlled with few easy yoga asana (poses) when done correctly with proper focus on breathing and posture.
- Christmas Carrot Cake Recipe without Alcohol and Egg
Some of us love the joy of Christmas but minus the alcohol and egg! Hence, putting together yummy vegetarian Christmas carrot cake recipe minus the alcohol
- How is Rasgulla Dessert Made at Home- A Bengali Swee...
Recipe to bong sweet that has won heart all over the world- Rasgulla or Roosogulla as bongs call it!
- Homemade Kaju Katli recipe, a cashew nut barfi- Indi...
Kaju Katli recipe is easy to make t home and save that extra money you spend on getting it from an Indian mart. Making it at home is not only affordable but also way too super tasty.
- Common Mistakes To Avoid While Eggless Baking Cakes
Many a times baking an eggless cake is a disaster and haven't really found any completely helpful articles to fix them. So, here is putting my personal experience in words to avoid same mistakes.
© 2010 Shivani Gala