- Food and Cooking
Homemade Kit Kat Bar Recipe
With its crispity crunchity layers and milk chocolate coating everyone knows the Kit Kat bar. This sweet dessert mimics the look and taste of the infamous Kit Kat candy bar. With bigger portions and new flavor twists.
History of the Kit Kat candy bar:
Originally created in York, England, by the Nestlé company, the Kit Kat bar is a chocolate covered wafer candy. It is produced under the trademark Nestlé in twenty-two countries, however in the United States it is licensed under the Hershey company.
Traditionally the Kit Kat bar had four sections within one bar that could be broken off and ate individually. However today you can find them in various sizes, for example in Japan they make a Kit Kat Petit with sections that are only half the size or the original.
They still come in four sections and are easily broken into sections today, but they also come in a variety of variations from flavors to ice cream.
Whether you have never had a Kit Kat bar or simply haven't had one in years, this recipe is a great homemade rendition of this famous candy bar.
- 1 box Club Crackers
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cups Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Layer a 13 X 9 inch pan with club crackers (you may need to cut some crackers in half to completely cover the bottom).
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add graham cracker crumbs, both sugars, and the milk.
- Boil mixture for 5 minutes stirring the entire time. Remove from heat and pour half the mixture over the crackers at the bottom of the pan.
- Add another layer of crackers over the butter mixture and pour the rest of the mixture over the crackers. Add a final layer of crackers.
- Melt together the peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate chips.
- Spread melted mixture over the crackers and let chill for at least an hour. Cut into bars, and store in refrigerator.
Of all the classic candy bars Kit Kats have been a popular favorite in my house. This recipe brings out the child in my family and is the perfect dessert for those with a very big sweet tooth like my dad or fiance.
For those that do not have a big sweet tooth, this dessert may be too sweet. With layers of sugary buttery graham crackers, this kit kat bar recipe is full of sweet and delicious goodness.
With an added twist of peanut butter flavor these little bars are not only sweet and delicious, but are bigger and better than the real thing. For those who love the Kit Kat candy bar this dessert is a must try.