Homemade Orange Julius
Orange Julius is a place that sells smoothies and drinks. You can find a location at your local mall or shopping center. The northwest in the U.S. has them, but I am not sure about anywhere else. Their smoothies are delicious are very creamy. They also have different kinds of drinks. I always wondered how to make one and my mother figured it out. I would like to share it with you, so you can try it yourself.
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 2/3 cup of Milk
- 2/3 cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 8 Ice Cubes, crushed
- In a cup, add your frozen orange juice concentrate and water. Mix it all together.
- Add your milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Make sure to mix it all together very well.
- Pour mixture into a blender with the ice cubes and blend until everything is blended together.
- Turn blender off and use a spoon to check and see if it is all blended. If it is, go ahead and serve it.
Always crush your ice before you add it to a blender. This will prevent your blades from breaking. You also don't need to use orange juice as a flavor, but you can use any type of frozen juice concentrate. Personally, I like the kiwi strawberry one. My mother always wondered how to make these types of drinks. One day, she decided to watch them make it after she ordered one. This type of drink is great during hot days or during a gathering. Add straws to make it a party drink.
© 2017 Brittany Banks