- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Homemade Peach Ice Cream...Yummmers!
Priscill's Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Peach Creamsicle Taste to Bring a Smile to Your Face!!!
I love the smell of fresh peaches!!! I had an opportunity when visiting upper state New York this past month to sample some of the freshest tree picked organic peaches that my taste buds have ever danced with in my life. Since I had packed along my ice cream maker to dazzle my aunt and surrogate moms with I thought why not…homemade peach ice cream!
After scouring the internet for recipes I was disappointed to find out most recipes required the use of eggs in some fashion, or an ingredient full of preservatives. So after much reading and thought I came up with what I consider to be a noble contender that I feel stands right beside some of the best ice creams I have sampled during my travels.
Nutritional Value: I am going to rate this recipe as a 4!!
**Note: I rate my recipes on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the healthiest!!! We are talking desserts here so I am trying to be realistic!
This is a delicious recipe that your taste buds will not be disappointed in!!! Enjoy!
- 4-6 Large Peaches skinned and diced
- 12 oz. Peach juice or Mango peach juice. Try not to use Peach Nectar it is full of preservatives.
- 1/2 cup Milk, I use skim milk
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 pt. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1-1/2 Sugar, I reduce the sugar content to 1-1/4 cup when I make it for my family.
- 1-2 tsps Vanilla
The Food Angels begin to tickle your nose!
- Prepare a pot of boiling water (then reduce heat), and glass bowl of ice water. Score peach skins lightly with paring knife from top to bottom in 4 places. Place peach in hot simmering water for 2-3 minutes. Remove peach with slotted spoon and immediately immerse in ice water bath. In a few minutes remove peach and peel skin off!
- Place diced peaches in pot with peach juice on medium heat and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Drain peaches, reserving peach juice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the skim milk, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, and ½ cup of reserved peach juice. I mix by hand with a wire whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Put liquid mixture into ice cream maker. Follow your manufacturer’s directions for settings. I have a Kitchen Aide Ice Cream Maker and it takes about 25 minutes for the ice cream to process. I set a timer for 15 minutes and add the diced peaches into the thickened mixture for the last 10 minutes of processing. This way the paddle in the machine runs smoothly
- I spoon my ice cream into a pre-frozen glass dish with a cover freezing for an additional 30 minutes before serving
- **Note: In a pinch if you cannot find any type of peach juice you could increase peaches used to a quantity of 8. Puree two peaches and use 10 oz. of pear juice added to the puree mixture as a substitute.