Homemade Peanut Butter Almond Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 6-8
I’m a big fan of Peanut Butter, and anything with it I tend to like. I also like to experiment with it. The following is a recipe for a cake made with peanut butter and crushed Almonds mixed in. It has a few steps that are daunting—making the egg white merengue and then folding it into the thick peanut butter batter. Note: the batter will be pretty stiff, like a thick cookie batter; just press it evenly into the pan and it will it will come out similar to a coffee cake / big cookie.
1 cup All-purpose Flour
¾ cup Wheat Flour
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup (1 and a half sticks) Unsalted Butter
1 cup White Sugar
2 Egg (separated into 2 whites and 2 yolks)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Peanut Butter, melted/warmed (easier to work with)
1 cup Almonds, crushed
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Sift flours, soda, powder, and salt.
3. In a standing mixer, blend butter and sugar.
4. Add egg yolks and vanilla and blend.
5. Add, in three alternating parts, the flour mixture and peanut butter.
6. When well blended, add the crushed almonds and mix until well incorporated.
7. Transfer batter from the standing mixing bowl into a large mixing bowl.
8. In the standing mixer, switch the mixing paddle out for a whisk attachment.
9. Whip the 2 egg white to stiff peaks in the standing mixer.
10. Fold the whipped egg whites into the batter until lightly incorporated.
11. Pour batter into a pre-greased springform cake pan, (batter will be thick).
12. Bake the cake, on a cookie sheet, for 25 minutes.
13. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Other recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Easy Homemade Lemon Cupcakes recipe
Here's a recipe for some homemade Lemon Cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Almond Coffee Cake
Here is an easy recipe for almond coffee cake. Enjoy!
- Homemade Flourless Chocolate Cake Using Chocolate Gr...
A recipe for a flourless chocolate cake, using some ground up graham crackers. Enjoy!
- Homemade Burnt Almond Cake Recipe
Here's a recipe for a homemade burnt almond cake. Enjoy!