Homemade Punjabi Samosay Recipe
Time it takes
Prep time: 1 hour 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 2 hours
Yields: Serves 2-3 persons
- SAMOSA DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups plain flour / maida
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds / zeera
- A pinch of salt
- SAMOSA FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes
- to taste salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds / zeera
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder / haldi
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- oil for frying
Lets Get Started!
- Firstly, you need to prepare the dough. Take maida, 2 tbsp oil, zeera and salt. Mix them well and then knead the flour using water. The texture of the dough should remain a bit hard. Leave it to rest for an hour.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain them well and take their skin off. Mash them and add all the masalas.
- Now, take the dough, roll it out just as you make chapatis. Cut it in half so that it looks like a semi-circle.
- Take one semi-circle and fold it from the straight side to give it a shape of a cone. Put some potato filling inside leaving just a bit of room from the edges and firmly press the edges together.
- Heat oil till its good hot and deep fry the samosas until golden brown from both sides.
- Serve them with green chutney.....Enjoy!