- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
My Homemade Tuna Pesto Chili Pasta Recipe
At first I was hesitant of substituting canned tuna flakes instead of meat but it turns out perfect than I expected. The flavour of hot and spicy tuna blends well on the pesto sauce. It is a quick cooking which takes less than ten minutes to cook and needs also little time for preparation.
Here's how to make:
- Cook pasta in a boiling water added with salt and 1 tablespoon oil for 10 minutes or until done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onions. Add tuna flakes, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cooked for a minute or two.
- Add pesto sauce, cooked pasta and sliced green bell pepper. Mix well and cooked few minutes.
- Spread cream cheese and serve.
1 can tuna flakes (hot & spicy), drained
1/4 cup pesto classic
150 grams pasta, cooked and drained
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 pc tomato, sliced seeds removed
1 small green bell pepper, sliced
1 small can whole mushrooms (canned or fresh cut into quarters)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cream cheese (or as desired)
An aromatic sauce of freshly picked basil, Italian cheese and crushed pine kernels.